Individual 6 hours regulations
The objective of this race is very easy: to cover the largest distance possible in 6 hours.
Start: Sunday at 6 am.
End: Sunday at 12 pm (midday).
Place: Can Dragó athletics track – Av. Meridiana (Barcelona)
• Once the registrations will be open, you can reserve your place on this web site, in the Registrations section, by POS, for the price of 50€.
• On the race day there will be a collection box where you can donate any other charitable contributions, as you see fit.
• Once registered, if there is any reason you cannot compete, please, let the organisers know it as soon as possible. As this is a charity event, the registration fee is unrefundable.
• Registration closes on 5th December or whenever 70 athletes are registered, whichever is earlier.
Once the 70 bib numbers are sold out, no one else can’t be registered.
• Visually-impaired persons who need to run with a guide should mention it in their registration form, and it is mandatory to send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with their full name, Identification Document and date of birth of the guides before the 4th December.
• It is not allowed to participate with sticks, wheel-chairs, hand-bikes or any other element disturbing the regular celebration of the competition.
• All participants allow their name, family name, sex and date of birth to be published on the registration list, as on the partial and final results, following the established regulations.
• All participants agree to transfer their image rights to the organisers for any kind of report of the event and for an unlimited period of time.
• By registering to participate in this race, the participant exempts the organisers from any responsibility, damage, or loss caused to or by other participants.
• This competition take place under the rules of “International Association of Ultrarunners” (IAU Guidelines) and the “International Association of Athletics Federations” (IAAF Rules), all competitors should read and accept the rules prior to registration.
• The race starts at 6:00am, yet competitors should come to collect their bib numbers at the stadium before 5:30 am.
• The organisers will provide space to put up everything needed during the race, there will be some volunteers to help.
If any athlete would like to bring a canopy, please, contact the organisation, but in any case, can use it in exclusivity, as there’s not enough place for individual canopies.
• The organisers will provide competitors with water, cola, isotonic drinks, fruit, dried fruits, power-bars, coffee and broth (during the night) and pasta (for Saturday dinner). For all other requirements, competitors should bring their own provisions
• During the race competitors will occupy the external lanes of the track, numbers 4 and 5. (This distribution can be modified depending on the number of runners who needs a guide).
• The length of lane number 4- which measures 422,37m – is the one that will be used to multiply by the number of laps in order to calculate the total distance that competitors have run.
• The race will finish on Sunday at 12pm (midday). A few minutes before, the organizers will give cards with corresponding bib numbers to all of the competitors. This card must be left on the floor at the moment that the bell rings to announce the end of the race. Using the placement of the cards the judges of the competition will calculate, using a caliper wheel, the distance of their final lap that each competitor has covered.
• Every 3 hours the spinning direction will be changed to compensate the hours that the athletes turn around the track. This change will be announced and sign out by the organization.
• All competitors must wear their race bib visible on their front.
• If a competitor retires from the race, to the should notify the organizers and return their chip.
• It is forbidden to make physiological needs outside the changing rooms, toilets and chemical booths of the facilities.
• The judges of the race will take care in applying the IAU and the IAAF regulations, and can issue cautionary bookings (admonish) with a yellow card or disqualify competitors if they continue to break the rules.
• Antidoping test: the select athletes for the test on doping will be informed at the end of the race and will be accompanied and supervised by the “doping-stewards” as soon as possible for the antidoping test. The athlete who reject the test or give a positive will be disqualify.
• There will be a resting place for those competitors who need a break. Competitors must bring everything they require for their rest stops (sleeping bag, blankets etc.)
• Bathroom facilities will be available to competitors before, during and after the race.
• This race will be controlled by ChampionChip.
• The first 3 placed finishers, in both male and female categories, will receive a trophy. All the runners that achieve the end of the race will receive a commemorative medal. The award ceremony will take place at the end of the race.
• The first 5 placed of any gender who exceed the SILVER LABEL standard (as per IAU standards) will receive free registration for the next edition of the race.
The distance to be exceeded is 80km for men and 69km for woman. This award is non-transferrable and only valid just for the next edition of the race.
Special conditions due to the health situation
It will be a different edition, where we have been forced to make changes in the normal operation and circulation that we do through Can Dragó. We will try to make it noticeable as little as possible, but surely you will understand that it is necessary to put health security first.
For this reason, it is important that you read the Covid Action and Prevention Plan that we have published on the website, of which we can advance some important aspects to take into account:
– In order to access the facilities, all runners, companions, volunteers and organization must present the vaccination certificate with a complete schedule or negative PCR with a validity of less than 72 hours,
– Runners and companions (maximum one per runner) must bring signed the Document of exemption from liability that you can download at this link.
– The Can Dragó facilities will be divided into 3 zones. Only participants will be able to access to zone 1. Companions will stay in zone 2 and public will stay in zone 3.
– Masks will be mandatory at all times. Participants can remove them 200m from the start of the competition.
– In the area of the corridors’ tents it will be necessary to maintain a safety distance between people who are not from the same social bubble.
Thank you for your understanding, in these difficult moments.